Employment and Support Allowance, What is ESA Benefit and How Much ESA Will I Get If I get PIP?

Read this article to find details on Employment and Support Allowance: What is ESA Benefit and How Much ESA Will I Get If I get PIP?

Employment and Support Allowance

One benefit available to people who are unable to work because of a disease or condition is the ESA or Employment and Support Allowance. When you are sick or disabled, ESA provides you with individualized help so that you can work when you are able to, as well as financial support if you are unable to work.

living with a terminal illness makes it difficult to work, and this is where ESA comes to help, and provides financial aid. If you are residing in UK and want to know more about Employment and Support Allowance, then please stay here with us on this article.

What is ESA Benefit?

For those who do not receive Statutory Sick Pay but whose illness or disability limits their capacity to work, there is money known as Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). There exist two variants of Employment and Support Allowance: the contributory/New Style version and the income-related version.

New R350 Eligibility Criteria

It offers you access to a Work Coach, job, training, and condition management support, among other tools, to help you manage your illness or disability at work. Employment and Support Allowance is being replaced by Universal Credit, which is based on income.

If you have been receiving other benefits such as Incapacity Benefit or Income Support, you may be switched to ESA.

Employment and Support Allowance Overview

Article NameEmployment and Support Allowance
Provided byUK Government
BeneficiariesDisabled population of the country who cannot work.
Benefit Amount£67.20-£84.80
Eligible AgeState Pension Age
ESA Online PortalGov.UK

Employment and Support Allowance Eligibility

Employment Allowance or ESA may be available to you if your illness or disability keeps you from working. Should any of the following apply, you might be eligible to receive ESA:

  • You have an illness that prevents you from working; you are under the State Pension age;
  • You are self-employed, unemployed, employed, or a student receiving Personal Independence Payment or Disability Living Allowance;
  • Your access to Statutory Sick Pay has ended or is no longer available;
  • You are not receiving Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • You have been receiving Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and have not returned to work for your employer due to a disability or

If you’ve lived or worked overseas and paid enough in UK national insurance, you might be eligible for ESA. If you have a terminal disease, you may be able to apply for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) under certain regulations.

How Much ESA Will I Get If I get PIP?

ESA is offered in addition to other benefits, like PIP (Personal Independence Payment). Financial aid is available to those with impairments and chronic medical conditions via the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and Employment Support Allowance (ESA).

ESA is a benefit for unemployed individuals that helps those under state pension age who are not able to work as much. People with or without jobs can apply for PIP, which is designed to help with some of the extra expenses associated with having a long-term health condition.

For 13 weeks while your claim is being evaluated, you will typically receive the “assessment rate.” For those under 25, this can be as much as £67.20 each week, and for those over 25, it can be as much as £84.80. Should you and your partner both be eligible, you will receive £152.80 per week under the severe disability premium, or £76.40 per week if you’re a single.

Claiming Employment and Support Allowance

You must file a form if you want to make a claim on behalf of someone else or yourself. Depending on your National Insurance record, you might be eligible to claim ESA in addition to or instead of Universal Credit.

Look down below to understand the complete ESA claiming process

  • You can Apply online at the government website at https://www.apply-new-style-employment-support-allowance.service.gov.uk/who-is-applying.
  • You can also make an 0800 055 6688 call to Jobcentre Plus. They can complete the form for you and will enquire over the phone.
  • Upon application, you will receive an invitation to participate in a medical evaluation known as a “work capability assessment” and complete a questionnaire titled “limited capacity for work.”
  • This examines your personal impact from your disease or disability.

If you meet eligibility requirements for ESA, you will be placed in either the  “support group” or the “work-related activity group.”

Thanks for staying with our portal till the end of this article on ESA and its benefits.

Leave a Comment